Platinum Series high performance gig bags are designed for pro musicians needing extreme protection, durability, mobility, and organization.
- Thickly padded backpack straps with tuck away pocket
- Removable padded shoulder strap featuring an I.D. tag
- Padded handle wrap with secure hook & loop closure
- Bell-end grab handle
- Back-end grab handle
- 2 large exterior pockets with built-in double mouthpiece pouch and organizer
- Water-resistant 1680 ballistic nylon exterior
- Large instrument opening for easy access
- Custom metal hardware
- Durable molded rubber feet
- Monogrammable front leather accent
- High-density 20mm foam padding
- Wood panel supports in the bell and bottom areas
- Large modular sizing block to fit a variety of smaller tubas
- Soft tear resistant lining
- Interior Dimensions
- Length: 38.75" with pad; 41" without pad
- Width: Lower 17"; Upper 18.5"
- Depth: Lower 6"; Upper 8"
- Bell diameter: Up to 18.5"
- Exterior Dimensions: 41 x 22 x 20"
- Weight: 10.4 lbs
For around 5 years I used an earlier version of this gig-bag, which worked well, but I'm happier with this new & improved version. Advantages include: more padding in the handle, better design of the pouch that stores the backpack straps when not in use, bigger accessories pouch, and optional padding for around the bow and reinforced padding for the bell. My tuba is an odd size--between large and small and with a 19" bell. It barely fits in this case without the extra protection for bell and bow, but still this gig bag is the best solution I can find. My only request would be that Protec develop a medium size gig bag like this on, perhaps something that supports up to a 20" bell and 42" height? I tried their big tuba gig bag around 8 years ago, and it was too big. The bag sagged and I wasn't able to carry it with my arm extended, and keeping the arm bent all the time while carrying was painful. It wasn't a problem with the design of the big bag, it was just much bigger than what I needed.
Well made, lots of compartments, but too big for our purposes.